Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Keeping You Abreast: Volume Two

1.  Two rounds of my AC chemotherapy are done!  I know that I still have a long way to go with my therapy, but it is nice to know that after this tomorrow's treatment I only have one left with the "red devil." I am thankful that my reaction to this has been pretty mild, and I'm hoping that it continues when I switch to Taxol.  I do have to wait two weeks after my last AC therapy before I can get my first infusion of the next treatment, so I won't start it for another month!

2.  My first Taxol treatment is supposed to be the Thursday before Mom Prom weekend.  I have been looking forward to this since August!!! I can't decide if I want to push that to Monday so I KNOW I will feel fine for Mom Prom, or if I want to just assume I'll be good to go? If not, I'll camp out in my hotel room and sleep! Ha!

3. I was not excited about not being able to have a "guest" at my last treatment.  I prefer having Brian there to make me laugh and to get my snacks. I am hopeful that they will finish the infusion room in February and he will be able to join me for my treatment again!  Until then, he is a phone call away to bring me lunch.

4.  I have a "lucky chemo outfit."  My first few treatments went really well, and I am just superstitious enough to give credit where credit is due: to my wardrobe.  Really, my port has to be accessible, I have to stay warm, and I want to be comfortable.  My options are limited!

5. Every time I watch the news I am ridiculously panicked about the flu.  I have had my shot (the whole family has!), but it's not 100% effective and I am surrounded by little carriers!  We stay on top of hand washing and I make sure to take my Vitamin C every day, so hopefully that prevents it!

6. I am already dreading my "chat" with my nurse tomorrow about my feelings.  I just want to put on my headphones, little to some podcasts, and crush some candy!

Cross your fingers that tomorrow's treatment goes as well as my last two! <3 <3 <3

No comments:

Post a Comment